Baidu, the leading Chinese search engine, is the third most popular search engine in the world. That speaks clearly to the immense size and power of the Chinese market.
What does it take to succeed in China? First of all, you need to be familiar with the local ranking factors and how to conduct SEO for the popular search engines, such as Baidu, Sogou (Sohu), iAsk (Sina), SoSo (Tecent), Youdao (163), So.com (360) and ChinaSo.
Here are but a few tips:
- Use native speakers (instead of automatic translations)
- Get an ICP license (essential) and a .cn domain (where possible)
- Know the list of blacklisted words
- Speed is essential so test it regularly
- Use plain HTML for all your links
- Keep your content fresh
The uniqueness, complexity and changing nature of China’s online marketing environment can only be tackled by first hand information and hands on experience, but fear not – our native Chinese online marketing experts can give you both.